Thursday, December 10, 2009

My christmas eve and My short stay in LA

Well It is my last night in LA...for the next 6 months as least. 

I have only been here a little over two months. I always feel like I'm packing, and going to another place. I guess it suits me. I guess if you remain restless it's good for ya. 

I managed to get all I'll need for 6 months in a carry on and one other bag. I'm pretty awesome at packing. 

I miss everyone so much already my location has no factor in this.  There isn't anyone seeing me off which makes this easy. No tears, or any of that. Just nerves, and excitement about what's to come. I kinda feel like this is my Christmas eve. 

I said my goodbyes to everyone that I made a connection with out here. I made some pretty good connections out here in two months. I will continue being an intern for Film Engine. I will keep track of the Vicki Wagner show, and see what's going on with the reality show I worked on. 

At first I thought I was making a big mistake going away from the movie industry for 6 months....yes, I have bigger dreams than working on a cruise ship... But a lot of the people I told where envious. Some I told were extremely happy for me. Some proud of me. Now, that one I really don't get. And then there are some people happy that I got a decent job in this economy.  I felt better about leaving once I heard everyone's reaction. Vicki said I have nothing to worry about. I've heard this more than once: "the industry, and Hollywood will be here when you get back."

I've done a lot research as far as working in Hollywood, directors, producers and the whole nine. It can be unhappy even when you are at the stage of "wow I'm doing what I've always dreamed." Hollywood can make a highly creative, and free mind feel like a prisoner to their own work. It takes a lot to make it. Whatever making it means to each individual. I will continue to do what makes me happy -and what pays the bills. lol. All leading up to my own meaning of "making it". 

Advice to anyone thinking of trying to do anything in the Movie industry, making a major move to LA, or anything like that... Know what you want, and what you want to do. It also helps to know yourself of course. Some people haven't even gotten there yet. When I got here I was pretty much forced to know where I want to be in 5 years, than in 10, if I wanted to have some type of chance here. Oh, and don't forget where you ultimately want to end up. Plans can change, but as long as you just know what you want. 

I haven't gotten very far yet, but if  I didn't learn the above things very quickly, I'd still be lost and wouldn't have gotten any where.  I listened to ALOT of experienced, and smart people here. 

I have a goal, and everything I do I tend to use it toward that goal. I cant just do random things, and hope for the best. I could, but I wouldn't get very far. lol


Falling asleep tonight will be hard. :-/ In the morning I am off to Honolulu, Hawaii to meet up with the ship Saturday morning. 6 hour flight Oy

I want to thank everyone for their best wishes. I will be sending post cards, and letters for sure :-) I will post my ship address once I know it. 

2 comments:

  1. Joe "Wango Tango" DriscollDecember 12, 2009 at 11:36 PM

    When you get to Alaska, send me a postcard with Sarah Palin on it, i kinda got a thing for her. And in Hawaii, one with Elvis. I kinda got a thing for him too. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear this is everything I feel. There's nothing I didn't like about everything you just said. Motivation !!

    ReplyDelete