Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I feel like a piece of meat…But not really

Well I keep getting told that all these guys will be after me. It’s kind of annoying to hear that all the time. I don’t take compliments well. I get them all the time here. It’s bizarre to me. I guess I’m flattered, but jesus-ya know? I don’t know how to handle it. All I can say is thank you. Guys stare at me all the time. It freaks me out. Like a serious long gaze. Not even eye contact makes them stop either. Bless my mom and dad for that I guess. They gave me these looks. Lol.

Apparently If I were ugly no one would give me the time of day.

Oh, some people will be excited to know that drama has already started. SURPRISE!!! Tommy, my new friend on board is a musician. He’s like the leader of the band. He’s like 25 from St Lucia- a Caribbean island. Pretty mellow, and humble for a musician. Most of them have this attitude like “oh, I’m a musician so I’m awesome” kinda attitude. I guess because He’s black, and a musician all the chicks on board have a thing for him. All the single chicks on board gun for him, and his band-mates. So I met him while getting water after I was done eating like my second night. He randomly came up to me, and asked me who I was Later that night I ran into him again at the crew bar. I guess because he was talking to me, it’s the talk of the ship among the crew staff (entertainers). “oh, I saw you talking to that new girl.” and “oh what are you doing with that new girl?” The funny thing was that we were across the table from each other, and with a group of people. Just talking. All these girls that like him now probably don’t like me only because we were talking to each other.

It’s not my problem girls are jealous of me. I could care less about girls like that. Like seriously grow up girlie. I didn’t do anything, but try and talk to people I work with. I really hate that that happens. The maturity level is amazing. With some it really is amazing, like the conversations you can have can be really great. The company you keep can be phenomenal. There are other people out here that are trying to claim people as their own. Which is beyond me. I don’t know.

Speaking of phenomenal People-I actually met someone here that is an airplane crash survivor. She is a very awesome person. I couldn’t believe her story though. She has a really good heart. She’s going back to being a stewardess after she’s done with her currant contract here on the ship. She told me after the crash she didn’t fly for a year. Then got back on the plane as a passenger. Very strong. I wouldn’t be able to do that. What she lived through is something I can only fear in my head while in the death trap they call your seat. She is a great inspiration to me. She said, “I am scared to fly, but I love flying, and if I was meant to die that way, than I’ll die happy.”

1 comment: