Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas






My Christmas was spent in Hilo, Hawaii. (The Big Island).

I had to get up early to do a tour. It was pretty cool. I did a waterfall, cave and lagoon trek. It was pretty cool. I saw a lot of stuff. Learned a lot about Hawaii, Hilo, and the Big Island.

Well its hard being a Videographers on these adventures. Lol. I only say that cause I have to climb and do all this rugged stuff with a camera in my hand. I’m gonna just bust my shit once while doing all this climbing. Lol. I got some amazing shots though. Its totally worth it.

I saw crabs! Not tiny ones either. Lol. I saw like wild bamboo, bananas, and sugar cane. It was so cool. You get to walk through this lagoon, there are fish, and these shrimp like looking things. It was cool. Than you have the view of the Ocean waves crashing on the cool looking smooth round black rocks. These aren’t baby waves either. Lol. Huge waves. When we were going back from swimming in the Lagoon the tide starting to come in…Quickly! It freaked me out for a second. I was like oh jesus I have to get this camera in this waterproof bag in .2 seconds. Lol. Princess gear was unharmed…My personal camera, not so much. Oh well. I want a new one anyway.

The tour was about 4 hours long. I only reserved 4 hours of sleep for myself since I went to the Christmas Party. I was tired when I got back. I had to edit it all though. I captured my footage, showered cause who knows what is in that water. Lol. Than I was gonna get the free shuttle to the shopping center, but they closed before I could. Early closing of course for Christmas. But I soaked up some rays though while off the ship. I thought it was soooooo weird to be sitting in sunny 80-something degree weather on Christmas day.

So, I went back to edit I lasted an hour before my head almost bounced off the keyboard. I napped, woke up cause I have to get my edit done so Stephen can do his as well. He is faster than me though anyway. We both have to be up early, but he’ll still go out drinking after. I’m def not going out tonight. I am exhausted. Lately I’ve only been getting like 5 hours a sleep a night. Not by force, by choice. It’s caught up with me. I’m just choosing to be out, and about getting to know people. Not tonight. I’ll die tomorrow if I did. I have to get up even earlier. And tomorrow is an extremely long day, and night. Tomorrow we port Honolulu, and I have a tour in the Morning, edit than get ready for Island night (Big Ship party.) Than edit that tomorrow night right afterwards.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! Happy Holidays everyone!!! ☺

 

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Amber! love hearing the daily ongoings. its my new fav soap opera!!! lol kisses, glad your making the most of all situations! your the shit! petey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm entertaining someone out there!! :-) Happy holidays Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an interesting but awesome xmas, loving these blogs...reading reading reading

    ReplyDelete